Thursday 2 February 2017

Vampire Bat Kitty and Others



Imaginary creatures – well, yes, the dino is the odd one out, but it was designed by the brother of Olive, who drew the beautiful, stripy, 3-eyed monster, so for their sake dinos are welcome in this post, too.
You know custom softies can’t compete with mass-produced plushies – regarding their price. Because it takes long hours, sometimes even days to turn your kid's drawing into a custom plushie. I sometimes spend lots of time searching for the perfect material or accessories, sometimes it is necessary to make a proto-softie first, sometimes I feel I should resew this or that to get the result I am satisfied with. That’s why these one-of-a-kind toys are not cheap. But sometimes I can’t resist to create a plushie – that’s what happened with the beautiful monster. Olive’s mom is an independent artist in Canada, who completely understood why the softie would cost the price I had given in the quote, but she couldn’t afford it. I was longing to work with this fantastic drawing so much that I gave some discount and we changed the deadline, so the softie could be born :-) Together with Olive’s brother’s dino :-)

Harmless plush monster together with a happy dino


The fluffy Vampire-Bat-Kitty went to scare people in Germany:

Vampire Bat Kitty - not only kids wish to see their ideas turned into custom plushies


Helena’s mom once saw a softie of mine which was made with a special crayon-technique, and she imagined the same style for the „A” softie – this time I was quite lucky to find the necessary crayons in a shop in Budapest, though earlier I had to order them from abroad. I loved the rainbow spikes… :-)

There's no limit when creating your own toy:)


Bonus... :-) The other "crayoned" softie, a rabbit called Hattie:



A special drawing, a book illustration reborn as a soft toy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment